*'O'Regan's refers to O'Regan's new and used vehicle dealerships, collision centres, after-market service centres, detailing franchises, O'Regan's National Leasing and O'Regan's Car and Truck Rentals.
“Personal information” is any information about an identifiable individual, but does not include certain business contact information which may be collected, used and disclosed for the purpose of communicating with an individual in relation to their employment, business or profession. It also may not include your home address and home telephone number if they are published in a telephone, professional or business directory.
What Personal Information do we Collect?
When you obtain any products or services from us or with our assistance, including: a vehicle purchase, lease, finance, repair, maintenance, parts, rental, automotive detailing, or if you participate in one of our surveys, contests, or promotions, or submit a form on our website (oregans.com), or if you test drive one of our vehicles or contact our dealership staff, we may collect information as required or permitted by law, and some or all of the following information:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Your age, date and year of birth, and gender
- Your vehicle preferences (e.g. preferred car size, type of vehicle, annual kilometers driven etc.)
- Information on your existing vehicle(s) and any trade-in
- Details on your vehicle and its parts and service history
- Details on your vehicle collision history
- Details on your automotive detailing history
- Your driver's master number
- The license plate number
- The name of your insurance company and agent
- Your insurance policy number and details about your insurance coverage
- Similar information about other members of your family
- Your language preference
If you are applying for credit for your purchase we may also collect:
- Your date of birth and the date of birth of your co-applicant
- Your employment information and employment information of your co-applicant
- Your social insurance number and the social insurance number of your co-applicant
- Financial and credit information about you and your co-applicant (specific information is set out in the application for credit forms)
- Credit reports and histories about you
- The principle amount of your loan, interest and repayment schedule
- Health information if you are applying for life, health, disability or accident insurance
- The amount of any life, health, disability or accident insurance and details of that insurance
- Customer comments, feedback, requests, surveys
Provision of your Social Insurance Number is optional. Please note however that most Credit Reporting Agencies use the Social Insurance Number as a unique identifier to ensure proper identification when conducting credit reviews and preparing credit reports. If you do not wish to provide your Social Insurance Number, our ability to obtain a timely and accurate credit report may be affected.
How we may Use your Personal Information?
Your personal information may be used by us as required or permitted by law and to provide products and services to you including for the following purposes:
- Operational purposes: To carry out activities related to our operations, such as providing services necessary to assist with the service and repair of your vehicle, to arrange appropriate financing or leasing for your vehicle, to confirm insurance, to obtain a credit report, to obtain a license or registration for your vehicle, to rent a vehicle, and to provide you with a reminder that your vehicle requires parts, servicing and/or detailing.
- Direct Marketing purposes: To customize and/or direct advertising and marketing to you including updates, information and follow ups regarding the product or service you have purchased or products and services we feel may be of interest to you. We may market to you by email, from our website, or from other sites or locations, for example: if you view a product on our website, you may see ads for that product on our or third party websites and applications. O’Regan’s may engage a third party service provider to carry out our direct advertising and promotional campaigns. In order to send you relevant information regarding promotions that we think will most interest you, we provide the service provider with all or some of the following information: your name, address, email address, preferred car size, type of vehicle, information on your existing vehicle(s) and any trade-in, details on your vehicle and its parts and service history, details on your automotive detailing history, payment and finance or lease term if applicable.
- Customer Analytics purposes: To perform quality control and analytic functions to further enhance and develop our communications and services, such as to: create digital profiles, understand how customers use our website, products and services; generate insights and understand how customers interact with us; and improve our website, products and services. O’Regan’s may engage a third party service provider to provide customer analytic services. As part of these services we may provide the service provider your email address, and make and model of your vehicle. We may also provide this information to social media providers to assess the effectiveness of our social media marketing to match people who have viewed our ads online and then purchase or leased a vehicle from us. If you do not want such information used for customer analytic purposes, you may unsubscribe in accordance with our communications or contact us as indicated below.
Sometimes we have to Share your Personal Information with Others.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share some or all of your personal information with third parties as permitted by law, and as follows: to the manufacturer of your vehicle and its related companies, the providers of products and services that you have purchased through us, parties responsible for carrying out our direct advertising and marketing campaigns and customer analytics services (see Direct Marketing, Customer Analytics as described above), parties responsible updates, follow up and servicing of the product or service you purchased from us or through us, credit reporting agencies, financial and leasing companies, your insurance agent or company, insurance adjusters, companies which provide or insure warranties relating to your vehicle and government licensing and registration agencies.
Due to the very international nature of our business, our manufacturers, suppliers and providers are often based in Canada but also worldwide. Therefore, when we share your personal information with such third parties, they may process and store it outside Canada. As in Canada, your personal information may then be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of those jurisdictions.
If you provide us with your email address for the purposes of receiving communications from us, this information will not be shared with any third party organization except in accordance with this Policy or with your express consent.
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information as long as we believe that you are still the owner of the vehicle, or product, and for a period thereafter when we reasonably expect we may be able to provide further services to you. If the information relates to the financing or lease of the vehicle, we retain personal information relating to the financing or lease arrangements as long as those arrangements are in place. If the information relates to service or repair of your vehicle we retain the personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to address any issues arising from the service or repair of the vehicle or as may be required by law. We also retain your personal information as reasonably necessary to satisfy any potential legal obligations that may arise.
The Security of your Personal Information is Important to Us
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps to protect personal information that you provide to us. We instruct our employees with access to your personal information that it is to be used only in adherence with the principles set forth in this Policy.
O’Regan’s may use the following categories of cookies on our website:
Strictly Necessary – These cookies are necessary for the website to function (for example, for effective communication or security) and cannot be switched off in our systems. These cookies are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of this website will not then work, such as: remembering your search settings; and remembering if you have provided certain privacy consents.
Website Preferences – These cookies are used to provide services or remember settings to enhance your visit for example text size or other preferences. The information these cookies collect is anonymous and does not enable us to track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Targeting and Advertising – These cookies are used to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites. They are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising. We may also place a so called “remarketing cookie” during your visit on our website. We use these cookies to offer targeted messages to encourage you to come back to our website. However, we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymized and you can opt out of these cookies at any time as explained above.
If you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from O’Regan’s or our website, you can use your browser to do this. If you choose to disable all cookies we cannot guarantee the performance of our websites and some features may not work as expected. Here are cookie settings in Edge, Chrome, Safari.
Other Website Matters
You may submit personal information by completing one of O'Regan's online forms. We have implemented security for our online forms to protect personal information that you submit (i.e. SSL encryption for credit applications).
Our website contains links to other sites, which are not operated by O'Regan's – the manufacturer’s sites, for example. Please review carefully the privacy statements and other terms for such sites, which may collect, use and disclose personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
What can you do if you want to limit our use of Your Personal Information?
Most of the personal information we collect is necessary for us to provide you with products and services as described in this Policy. If you do not want us to use or disclose your personal information in a particular way please contact our Privacy Officer as described in the "Question? Concerns?" Section of this document and we will be pleased to discuss how we can limit collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
You can Request Access to Your Personal Information.
You have a right to access the personal information which we have about you and to request that personal information which you believe to be inaccurate to be corrected. If you wish to access your personal information you should contact our Privacy Officer who will be pleased to assist you.
We are responsible for the personal information under our control and we have designated a Privacy Officer who is responsible for our compliance with this Policy and with the privacy legislation.
Telephone: 1 (902) 406-7171
Fax: 1 (902) 464-9560
Mail: Privacy Officer
O’Regan’s Corporate Office, 60 Baker Drive, Unit A 2nd Floor, Dartmouth, NS B2W 6L4